50 Trippy Psychedelic Tattoos


One way to show  your love of all things trippy is with a psychedelic tattoo. Here I present to you 50 tattoos with psychedelic themes that you might be able to use to get some inspiration for your next ink on skin adventure.

There are some amazing geometric tattoo ideas in this collection. I suspect a number of these artworks took many a repeat visit to the tattoo shop before completion. The geometric black ink ones contain some super fine details. The tattooist who completed them must have hands as steady as rock.

psychedelic full body tattoo image

Swirls, spirals, fractals, cosmology and sacred geometry are just some of the motifs that are available to anyone adventurous enough to embellish their skin with a trippy tattoo. The genre is certainly gaining momentum due to an increasing number of people becoming interested in psychedelia, spirituality and sacred geometry. Even here in Japan, a country where displaying tattoos is a definite social no-no and could lead to trouble at work ( Government workers in my city are banned from having tattoos ), there is an increasing interest in tattoos amongst the younger generation.

Some of the best places to see psychedelic tattoos are the trance music festivals such as Buring Man, Voov, etc. At these events, typically held in the summer months, there is more than just a bit of flesh on show as people stomp in the dust to the hypnotic beats of their favorite trance producers. Such large festivals also have onsite art galleries with some of the worlds leading visionary artists giving presentation.



























 








































Now, if the idea of a trippy tattoo appeals to you then I suggest you find the BEST tattooist your budget can afford and then be prepared to spend a little more. These things don't come off easy and with the level of detail involved in a typical geometric design you don't want any potentially embarrassing mistakes. 

I have a a tattoo on my right shoulder that I plan to have a cover over job done on eventually. It was my first tattoo and I didn't put in the research to find a great artist and the results were not as good as I expected. So take your time making you decision so your trippy tattoo will be something you would be proud to show. I think I'll go for a fractal tattoo design or geometric tattoo next time.

Hope you enjoyed these cool tattoo ideas. If you have any tatts you would like to show readers here at the psyamb blog then by all means email me a photo and I'll add it to the collection.


Posted on 31.1.13 by PsyAmb TAG : , | 6 Comments ( ADD NEW COMMENT )

6 comments :

aydar said... @ 01 February, 2013

crazy people

Anonymous said... @ 15 February, 2013

Some wild and trippy tatts there. My friend has a shpongle tattoo that looks pretty sweet.

Anonymous said... @ 08 April, 2013

Awesome

-Me

Anonymous said... @ 13 June, 2013

Shpongle tatt...love it :)

Anonymous said... @ 23 September, 2013

what about giving credit to the artists??

Psyamb said... @ 25 September, 2013

Nice idea. I'll see what I can round up

Post a Comment